Hi there! Hope everyone is hanging in there. I know many of you have questions about face masks. Wearing a face mask is not a guarantee you will not contract COVID-19, since the virus can be transmitted through the eyes and tiny viral particles can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus. Here are 5 things you should know about face masks during COVID-19. Watch this now!
1. Most face masks do not keep the virus from entering your mouth or nose. However, face masks may discourage touching the face with contaminated hands.
2. Face masks help prevent the infection of others, blocking coughs or sneezes from becoming airborne.
3. Medical-grade masks are in limited supply and should be reserved solely for health professionals.
4. Cloth masks should be washed with soap and water after each use.
5. The CDC may issue new guidelines for wearing homemade masks when out in public.
Face masks are crucial for health workers looking after patients, as well for family members who need to care for someone who is ill.
We will be wearing face masks in the office moving forward. Please feel free to wear your own as well.
Other ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 include: -Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then disposing of the tissue. -Immediately washing your hands afterwards with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. -Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. Keep healthy with a nutritious diet, regular exercise, quality sleep, a positive attitude and regular chiropractic care. Remember, your best source for everything health is your chiropractor. Visit your chiropractor regularly and make sure your nervous system is functioning 100%.