Are you ready to clear your mind of migraines? If so, pay attention. Although migraine headaches in general can be common, they are not normal. There are many type of headaches. Migraines are a throbbing, pulsating sensation that is felt in one area of the head and typically refers to other areas. These can be debilitating and understanding the cause may help clear your mind of them.
One of the first concepts to grasp in order to clear your mind of migraines is that your body communicates to you all the time. Your body is a master communicator. We just need to learn to listen to it. Your body communicates health and happiness. It does this by allowing you to have healthy sleep patterns, happy mood and thoughts, properly functioning bowels and increased energy levels. Your body also communicates ill health. This is expressed by weak immune systems, bowel disorders, poor mood, low energy and even migraine headaches. If you are experiencing a symptom, know that your body is communicating poor health. Taking medication is one way to address this imbalance, but may not be necessary.
When it comes to migraines, we can help get the body and mind back in balance by following these 3 Self- Care Steps:
- Find the Trigger to the Migraine. One of the most common triggers of migraines is uncontrolled blood sugar. Spikes in blood sugar is also known as hypoglycemia. Food such as refined sugar, caffeine and alcohol are the main culprits. Eliminating these foods can eliminate the trigger of the migraine.
- Learn to Eat Right. Our digestive system is very closely connected to our immune system and our overall health. The healthier our digestive tract is, the more health your body will express. Food allergies can be one way our guts become imbalanced. The most common food allergens are corn, soy, wheat, sugar and cow’s milk. In order to find out if your migraines are caused by a food allergy, you can perform an elimination diet. This is accomplished by eliminating all five of these foods for a period of time. Then add one food group in at a time and monitor your body’s reactions. What is your body communicating to you? If you experience a migraine when you eat wheat, then you now know how to eat right!
- Add These Supplements
- Magnesium – 360-600 mg a day. Migraine sufferers tend to havelower magnesium levels, compared with health people. The American diet is rich in Omega-6 Fatty Acids, which strip the body of magnesium. Adding this supplement may help to reduce migraine frequency and symptoms.
- Vitamin D & Calcium – Taking large amounts of calcium and Vitamin D has been shown to reduce symptoms of migraines.
- L-Tryptophan – Research shows that people who suffer with migraines have abnormally low levels of serotonin on their brains during an attack. L-Tryptophan has an effect on serotonin level and can ward off migraines.
In addition to these 3 Self Care Steps, consider having your spinal alignment checked by a Chiropractor. A healthy spine is straight from the front and back view. From the side, the spine should demonstrate curves in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions. The cervical curve is often times reduced, and in some cases reversed in migraine headache sufferers. This malposition will cause the muscles in the back of the head and neck to tighten up. The longer this misalignment remains untreated, the more likely trigger points will develop in the muscles.
The combination of reduced cervical curve, tight muscles and trigger points, causes pressure on nerves in the head and neck. This pressure causes the symptom of a migraine. This is known as a subluxation. Chiropractors remove subluxations by restoring the cervical curve, which will reduce spasms and trigger points. Chiropractic care has been shown to reduce and eliminate migraines.
Combining the 3 Self Care Steps with chiropractic care is a very effective way to clear your mind of migraines naturally. To see a video testimony of a patient that cleared her mind of migraines, CLICK below.